Calls for entry
2024 Calendar Contest
Entries for this call are now closed. Winners will be announced by December 15 and calendars will be available shortly thereafter. Thank you for all the wonderful submissions!
Calling all talented artists in Douglas County, Colorado! We are excited to invite you to participate in the Tri Arts Project 2024 Calendar Contest. This is your opportunity to showcase your artwork in a beautiful calendar that will be seen by the local community throughout the year. We will select 12 artists, each of whom will have the honor of having their work featured as one month, accompanied by a personal bio and relevant social media/contact information, if so desired.
This contest is exclusively open to Douglas County residents, so if you’re a local artist looking to make a difference, here’s your chance. The remaining calendars will be sold to support the Tri Arts Project, a nonprofit dedicated to building a space for the education, presentation, and creation of art in Castle Rock, Colorado. Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to contribute to the arts community and be a part of our exciting project.
November 1, 2023 – Entry Opens
November 30, 2023 – Entry Closes
December 15, 2023 – Winners Announced
January 1, 2024 – Calendars Available
$25 for up to 3 works of art. Payment is non-refundable and does not guarantee acceptance.
This competition is open to all artists living within Douglas County, Colorado. All work must be original in concept (NO master studies/copies) and produced within the last three years. Artists may submit up to 3 works of art to be juried. Please provide clear photographs of the work being submitted. Because the end product will be a calendar, we are looking for submissions of 2D art that will translate well to print. However, clean and compelling photographs of 3D work will be considered. There are no other limitations on style, medium, etc. Digital art, photography, painting, drawings, etc are all welcome!
Aritsts must submit a BIO and relevant social media/contact information. Should you be selected, we will request you email us a high-res image of at least 300 dpi for print.
The 2024 Calendar will be curated and juried by the Tri Arts Project Board of Directors. The twelve, winning selections will be made and announced by December 15, 2023.
Terms and Conditions:
By submitting an entry to the calendar contest hosted by Tri Arts Project, hereinafter referred to as “the Contest,” the artist, hereinafter referred to as “the Participant,” agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Ownership and Usage Rights: The Participant retains full ownership of the submitted image. However, the Participant grants Tri Arts Project a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, distribute, and display the winning image for the sole purpose of creating and distributing a calendar featuring the winning artwork.
- Calendar Production: Tri Arts Project reserves the right to print and distribute the winning image in the form of a physical or digital calendar. The production and distribution of the calendar may include, but are not limited to, printed copies, digital downloads, promotional materials, and social media posts.
- Attribution: Tri Arts Project agrees to credit the Participant’s name as the artist of the winning image wherever feasible. The Participant acknowledges that Tri Arts Project may use the image without the need for explicit attribution in certain contexts, such as marketing and promotional materials.
- Winning Image: The winning image is subject to any necessary edits or alterations (e.g. sizing/cropping) deemed necessary by Tri Arts Project to ensure its suitability for inclusion in the calendar.
- Publication and Distribution: The calendar featuring the winning image may be made available for sale, promotional purposes, or distribution as deemed appropriate by Tri Arts Project, without requiring additional consent from the Participant.
- Compensation: The Participant will not receive any monetary compensation or royalties for the use of the winning image.
- Release of Liability: The Participant releases Tri Arts Project from any liability related to the use, reproduction, and distribution of the winning image in connection with the calendar, including any potential alterations or adaptations made to the image.
- Copyright and Moral Rights: The Participant affirms that they are the sole creator and owner of the submitted image, which does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party. The Participant agrees not to make any claims related to the distortion, mutilation, or alteration of the image that may harm their reputation as an artist.
Withdrawal: If the Participant wishes to withdraw their submitted image from consideration for the calendar contest, they must inform Tri Arts Project in writing before the announcement of the contest results on December 15, 2023.